Sunday, May 10, 2009

moms and their son's girlfriends

so i spent a part of my day pondering how/why moms don't always like the girls that their son's date. particularly, i pitied myself for many of my past boyfriends' moms did not take an immediate liking towards me. That's a euphemism. "you should keep dating"

there are more stories. no big deal, i love them all nonetheless and hope that mommies around the world are having a warm and fuzzy day. Then i spent the the rest of my 45 minutes with Charley on the beach at sunset cliffs. it was the first time i've laid on the beach all year and it was nothing short of fabulous.

i should be more elaborate but it's getting late so here's a snapshot:
nice run downtown this morning with charley and his friend rob. went to the hospital for pt with dad. met up with susan for tea and met her mom for lunch at their house. picked up charley and rob. took rob to the airport because he decided to take an earlier flight back to sf. charley and i went to the beach then dropped him off at his grandma's. met up with chad's family for church and just praised god. cried when a little girl sang and three people read letters to their moms. why did i cry? i love my mom. and i know that no matter what happens, however we might fail each other, that love that she has for us is truly a reflection of god's love for us. back to hospital to give step mom a rose (thank you rock church). went over to my sister's to help them clean up the house on soria after a slight altercation about her not being so judgemental. started painting (it's been awhile and was nice. in fact i still have white paint splattered on me. i should shower. should is the operative word. oh my). then josh left. i got scared. prayed like heck. got smart and closed some extra doors around the house and realized the rooms i was painting were pretty high up. later, josh calls me to tell me that their new house was broken into. the thief had taken a few things. it could have been the previous owner of the house. scary. scary how our world's moral foundation continues to break from under us. scary how more and more crimes against each other happen. scary that we don't love each other enough to protect and serve each other so that we don't need to steal. so i'm praying hard. FATHER, I hope you can hear my deepest cries. I hope that we can all be a vessel for you and for your will. i hope that one day we will see ourselves ALL TOGETHER as the body of christ.

ok, then off to mommy. yay!!! this might be embarassing for her (i hope not). i waited outside of the bathroom for 15 minutes until she came out so that i could give her a present and a rose (thanks again rock church). she has lots of questions about how my dad is doing. my entire family does and i try to answer them as best as i can, but she especially does. it's not always easy to be the one to answer these questions. i often give one or two word answers. can i just tape record his status and play it over and over? hmm...not a terrible idea. it (these situations we find ourselves in) cannot be that complicated.

i love my family and i love my friends. i love the people of this world and i'm waiting for the day when all of people's sufferings fade away.

IN HIM ALONE.

No comments: