Wednesday, February 25, 2009

another day

I haven't written much here lately so I thought, it's about time. Although there either isn't much to report on or there is plenty and i can't distill it into today's posting. Who knows. I took my dad to his follow-up appointment at the radiation oncologist and as he was getting out of the car, he fell to his knee catching himself on the door frame but I am pretty sure for a split second he lost consciousness and was trembling. i yelled for help in the middle of the parking lot which was quite an experience. no one seemed to have heard me. Next time i have to remember to yell fire. Other than that, the appointment was uneventful and both our oncologist and radiation oncologist is deferring to our neurosurgeon.

fine. eric just asked how my day was going and i told him, I am wondering why i cannot hear god's voice or feel his presence right now, but i can feel a lot of pain. I just feel the weight of the world and everyone is hurting in some way.

I have two interviews scheduled for med school. not bad considering i have only submitted 1 and 1/2 applications. yeah, i think i'm patting myself on the back. thanks be to god, right? I know. you're here... i just can't feel you.

my dear dear friend zack bought himself a something terrier (a pit bull) and he is beautiful! I have a picture on my phone. i'll post it next time. We, zack and I, also went to see the phantom of the opera because Hoa won tickets from a radio station but couldn't go because she was in vegas this past weekend. It was in-freakin-credible. I now understand why it has had the longest running time on broadway. Though i have to admit, in the middle of all this turmoil, watching a broadway play did not seem appropriate. the tickets were worth $77/each. we had great seats.

and i was invited to the Living Room on El Cajon to study. I'm stoked i've found a coffee shop that is not starbucks in San Diego. I know there are many more, but I haven't had too many opportunities to explore.

no surfing recently :(
still dancing nearly every other day - i think i'm feeling my limitations - and have to do some serious stretching. ahh, and i might be able to go to africa for a week, but i don't want to get ahead of myself. We'll see what the lord has in mind. Okay, so i can't feel you and i can't hear you, but i am expected to know you have plans for me. i know it will take shape somehow.

in christ.

1 comment:

sarahsookyung said...

Congratulations Lisa! Where will you be interviewing? Isn't it just like Hoa to be winning random things like that and then giving it away?

My thoughts go out to you and your dad. And I would love to have you visit! I coincidentally ran into Kate (haverford kate), yesterday. I went to a bar with my friend Molly, and they know each other through the philly runners store.