Tuesday, August 12, 2008

sweet, sweet breeze


I think Philly is trying to send me off in style. the weather is a perfect 80 with gentle breeze. I had what was probably one of the best bike rides to work this morning. Don't get me wrong, I am no athlete, the ride is a short 2 miles and mostly downhill. but that's what made it so fantastic because the cool breeze felt (speaking of breeze, i took a break to try to open my office window to no avail; i can see the leaves rustling, but i am stuck inside) amazing, liberating, calling me home (am i refusing to go just because i know that it's just a feeling and I am supposed to stay or am i too afraid to go?)...i don't know, i was just excited to be given the breath of life.


it's 8:36am and a tuesday so that means i still have almost 3 days (2 and a half) before i'm in SD. there are many people and places I am excited about seeing. I am trying to calm my nerves because i am way too anxious right now and God says, do not be.


I really just want to chill and take things easy: no fretting about the what was or what will be and enjoy the gift of today. that sounds about right, right?


I learned that if i praise him with my lips, despite the emotions that have me riled up inside, the "answers" are more likely to come to me. My stomach seems to settle when I praise him. (the picture has absolutely nothing to do with today. I just wanted to share a photo of some of the kids that had the privilege of going white water rafting with me because in reality, i am actually pretty athletic and when my team was racing down the river (there were three other ACHIEVEability boats), we won.
PEACE.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

don't be anxious. but excited is ok in my book. glad you rode your bike today, i did a bit of that last night and it was glorious. can't wait to see you miss chau