Wednesday, June 17, 2009

a picture perfect morning

Not everyday can be perfect and I am sure even perfection can become boring, but today might have gotten pretty close for me.

woke up without an alarm at 6 am
grabbed my bible, my wallet, my keys and headed down to sunset cliffs
perfection would have been having the opportunity to hit the water
but i got a hold of a black, rusty beach cruiser and rode all along the cliffs.
stopped off to count the handful of people in god's vast ocean and said to myself, everything else is uncountable yet you call them by name so us, you must truly love.
i observed. i said hello to strangers and i rode back.
perfection would have been to not have to get in that car at all.
pulled into my driveway. opened the door and found my dad at the dining room table.
and now, an adventure with my new nonstick griddle and banana - blueberry pancakes.
and lauryn hill on the pandora
with intermittent john legend love songs.

No comments: