Friday, October 31, 2008

community patchwork
floodgates
living water
i went for an arduous 2 mile run today through my neighborhood after reading J. Mraz's interview in The San Diego. He talks about having a connection to the SD neighborhoods, which i haven't felt in over six years - only coming here for vacations. He talked about the patch of community, which I saw as the threadwork of lives, woven together for something we call community and fellowship. So, all that to say, I think I may be inspired to start my life here again...to feel rooted in a place and time. I guess you can say to be in this world, but not of this world. I made my dad jog/walk with me and that felt good. I'm hoping I can train for a half and maybe get him to run a 5K.

i'm going to leave with this, "we can't do great things, only small things with great love" - mother teresa.

2 comments:

The Owl Archimedes said...

Thanks for the note, Lis, I really appreciate your thinking of me. I'm sorry about your dad, and I hope with all my being that it is benign too. Tell him to eat only natural foods- fruits and veggies and legumes. Sometimes all it takes is an extremely healthy diet and lifestyle. Glad your back in SD so you can be with him!

The Owl Archimedes said...

Oh by the way, you know now, I'm going to Egypt/Lebanon for winter break. For spring? Thinking of Turkey, but it's undecided yet. HOpefully we can cross paths!