Friday, August 27, 2021

Oh man - 13 years later

I can't believe I wrote in this blog this year, I looked at the year 2021 on the blog posting and then at the bottom right corner of my laptop - you have got to be kidding, I've been writing a little something here for at least 13 years...

Mind blown - I can see my 7 year old say that right now. Holy stinkin' cow and beyond that I read through years of journal entries (which was covered by maybe 20 or so blog posts), how odd not to even remember writing them and to not so clearly remember the moments that are talked about...

I read through my brothers first plane ride and trip to Philadelphia, wondering now if I was so distracted that I couldn't really always be present...darn. I still remember that day we played mini golf, so strange that Sam and his kids lived in Pennsylvania! How in the world did that happen??! 

Then I read through my trip from Philly to SD that later played out in my dad's brain cancer diagnosis. I remember moments...ah gripes over not being present again. 

But I guess at the end of the day, I still have one thing to say and that is God, thank you, you clearly have been watching over me. Thank you for the wisdom that has guided me to today because I know there were times I had to be carried and I know you did the carrying. 

There are still months left and goals that I can still dream up...maybe they will come to me and I'll figure out how to write it down right here on this blog. 

Love, 

Hang 


No comments: