Tuesday, October 12, 2010

nasal drip

fever is running
the heat wraps you in a dozen wool blankets
handkerchief is forever slimy
woken up from last night's sleep
the nose is still running
this is not a great poem
but i was thinking about this heat that warms you from the inside out and
then craddles you back along the light speed
time travel
you're back to childhood
and the scents of memories take you back from
15 to 13 and 13 to 10 and 10 to 7 and maybe you stay at 7 for awhile
but it feels right to be there when you're not feeling so well
i have found my new time travel device: the nasal drip, body heat, sick but not too sick to bear.

the end.

1 comment:

hannah said...

I was looking for Advise on breaking up and found this great site www.saveabreakup.com I gotta admit its great and it worked for me and helped me a lot.