Friday, May 7, 2010

hello papa

anti-depressants when you're on other mind-altering drugs (most, if not all pharmaceuticals) is not a bad idea. so either my dad is more awake because we've been adding a pill of celexa to his regular dose of anti-seizure or because we stopped giving him anti-anxiety drug (which was not supposed to happen), i don't know, but he's been a lot more alert. He smiled today - doubt because i actually said anything funny - but he smiled and everything for that second was brilliant.

yesterday, he also grabbed my wrist and held on tight while i got to be his baby girl and laid my head on his chest. i tried so hard to remember those moments where he patted me to sleep or held me next him because i was his child. I couldn't, but knowing that it had happened was good enough.

God - your everyday will be done.

No comments: