Friday, December 11, 2009

mastering the art of wasting time

check phone every five minutes (for no reason)
spend hours on fb looking at photos (perhaps of yourself; is that vain?) and checking on people.
i was looking for a new profile picture.
getting all sorts of emotions over wasted time.
watched hulu - should have gone out to rent a movie but didn't want to be in the rain.
blowing your nose a lot which i'm convinced makes it stuffier.
and going on blog to write about nothing significant. i should take notes on the book i'm reading now called boundaries. hopefully i'll learn more about myself or how to be a better me.

my sister and i put up the fake christmas tree today. we also had our first hospice aid visit. it was good. my dad made it on to the wheel chair and left his room for the first time in over a week. celebrate the small stuff.

1 comment:

The Owl Archimedes said...

Does it rain in San Diego? Hm, I guess that's like when people say "Isn't it always raining in Seattle?" Weather stereotyping:)

It's been a dream of mine since my Iraq days to go to the Himalayas. And now, I might be able to do it through grad school (while documenting endangered Himalayan languages)! Oh yeah...