Monday, September 21, 2009

the smell of man

Back in February (or actually, i'm not sure when we celebrate my brother in law's bday, but that month...) I went with my sister to buy cologne. I asked the service person if she had something similar to Michael Jordan's cologne from back in the day. She didn't know. So as I was helping my sister decide on the cologne for her man, I was searching for the perfect smell for my makeshift pillow man (sorta joking). Nada. That is, until we paid for whatever it was my sister bought for josh and we were walking away from the counter when i spotted Justin Timberlake's new cologne. It had to be it!

I knew it before I even took a whiff. Quickly, I motioned for the counter lady and asked for a sample. My sister and I melted at the scent. I was in love with Givenchy. not sure what kind of a name that is, but anyway, must be that musty sweaty smell of post basketball player/dancer that i'm digging.

In the 7th grade, I bought my first boyfriend that Jordan cologne. Why did i write about this? well i just decided to open up the samples today. now no one should actually rush to get that cologne because I actually think prolonged whiffing of it makes my head spin. not good. However, i am thankful for the brief moment of bliss that the smell of a man brings me. oh the small joys in life.

as for more exciting and far more worthy news, we just had our second block party in san diego and it felt just right being in city heights. Just show me where the need is... and i think i'll be there.

in the love of christ,

hang my chau

No comments: